Beauty Tips for Clearer Skin
Sleeping in makeup is generally considered a real ‘no-no’ for anyone who wants lovely skin.
No matter how late it is or how tired you are, it isn’t worth it; as sleeping in makeup can really affect your skin.
But why is it such a problem?
Here are five reasons why you should always remove every last trace of makeup before going to sleep.
5 Reasons to Avoid Sleeping in Makeup
- Sleeping in makeup just once can significantly increase the likelihood of breakouts, spots, blackheads and acne. If you don’t go to bed with clean skin, then pores are going to get blocked. Skin can quickly start to look bumpy and dull; then spots, redness and acne can develop.
- If you sleep with eye makeup in place, there is a chance of it migrating into the eyes while you sleep, especially if you sleep face down into the pillow or rub your face while sleeping. This can cause eye irritation and even infections.
- Not removing makeup before you go to bed means that you’re also not removing the day’s build-up of dirt, grime, oiliness and pollution; which can break down collagen and contribute to premature ageing.
- As well as raising the risk of acne and breakouts, sleeping in makeup can also be quite drying for the skin, as you’re not giving it the opportunity to rest with a good overnight moisturiser in place.
- And lastly, if you go to bed in makeup, a good proportion of it will end up on your pillowcase and duvet cover – the rest will be smeared all over your face by morning, giving you panda eyes and more. It’s really not a pretty look!
How to Improve Your Skin
The good news is, if you’ve got into bad habits, it’s never too late to start again.
Remove your makeup every night using a gentle cleanser or appropriate wash, followed by a suitable moisturiser and/or serum. Cleanse and moisturise again in the morning, before you reapply any new makeup, to ensure that your skin is scrupulously clean.
If you’re not sure what products to use, you can get great advice at Cosmedics Beauty. Our therapists and receptionists are trained and can advise on the latest products, including ZO Skin Health:
If your skin needs a bit of extra help recovering, Cosmedics Beauty has a range of great treatments that could help boost its condition. Here are a few to consider:
Cosmedics Beauty Salons, London
Cosmedics’ Beauty Salons offer a range of advanced hair removal, face and body treatments. The company has invested in top technology such as Harmony XL Pro laser, CACI Ultimate, EDS Dermastamp and Guinot Hydradermie.
Their Beauty Therapists are fully trained and qualified to use the powerful technology and offer an extensive choice of customisable options.
We now have a choice of two fabulously equipped and appointed salons:
- 4 Disraeli Road, Putney, London, SW15 2DS
- 41 Harley Street, London, W1G 8QH
For further information, to book an appointment or for any queries, please call our friendly team on 0208 246 4861 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beauty Tips - Avoid Sleeping in Makeup | Cosmedics Beauty
5 reasons why you should always remove makeup before going to sleep if you want clear skin. Plus - how to improve your skin with skincare/treatments.
Cosmedics' Putney Beauty Salon