Our beauty therapists are experts in waxing.
Waxing is a form of hair removal which has been used for centuries to get rid of unwanted hair from the body or face. Despite the advent of new technology, waxing is still a very popular option, as it is fast, efficient and economical. As with all things, there are pros and cons. Our guide gives you the good – and bad – about waxing.
Pros – Advantages of Waxing
- Fast and effective – can remove large amounts of hair quickly
- Long-lasting – hair in waxed areas will not grow back for 2-8 weeks, saving time on daily shaving
- Treats at the root – shaving or depilatory cream remove hair at the skin’s surface, so a stubble can appear within a few days. Waxing pulls the hair from the root, so skin is smoother. The hair grows back softer than with shaving, as the end of the hair is not blunted
- Softer regrowth – repeated waxing over long periods of time tends to result in softer, sparser regrowth
- Economical – compared to laser, waxing per session is a cheaper option
Cons – Disadvantages of Waxing
- Pain/discomfort – waxing can hurt when it’s pulled off the skin. The discomfort is short and sharp, so it doesn’t last, but can be unpleasant
- Cost – while cheaper than laser, waxing is not a permanent solution and treatment will need to be repeated every few weeks to maintain the result
- Skin irritations – waxing can leave the skin a bit sore, especially with thicker hair or the first few times when follicles are strongest
- Ingrown hairs – a known risk of waxing is that the regrowth can include some ‘ingrown’ hairs, leading to bumpiness. However, this can also be the case with shaving
- Waiting for the growth – waxing can only be done when there’s a certain amount of hair grown. It can be annoying having to wait for the regrowth and often means wearing sleeved tops or trousers in the final stages
- Embarrassment – if you’re having a bikini wax for the first time! Read our guide to first time bikini waxing
Cosmedics’ Putney Beauty Salon offer waxing with a team of experienced beauty therapists.
The hair removal treatment is one of the most popular at the salon it’s such a fast and easy way of removing unwanted hair from areas such as the underarms, legs and bikini area.
Permanent Hair Reduction
For those looking for longer term results, Putney Beauty Salon also offers state-of-the-art laser hair removal which works to prevent future regrowth by literally destroying the hair follicle’s ability to grow new hair, so the skin appears soft, smooth and hair free.
While this may be more expensive per appointment, a course of treatment generally stops at 6 sessions and clients only pay for 5 (6th is free). So in the long run, it can be a good investment.
Cosmedics’ Putney Beauty Salon have the latest technology with the award-winning Soprano ICE system – good for large as well as small areas
Putney Beauty Salon
Cosmedics’ Putney Beauty Salon offer a range of advanced hair removal, face and body treatments using the top of the range technology such as the CACI Ultimate, EDS and hydradermie. Their beauty therapists also offer popular and cost-effective waxing, manicures and facials.
For further information, to book an appointment or for any queries, please call our friendly team on 0208 246 4861.
Cosmedics Beauty, 4 Disraeli Road, Putney, London, SW15 2DS
Pros and Cons of Waxing Hair Removal
Waxing is still a very popular option for hair removal, as it is fast, efficient and economical. Our guide gives you the pros and cons of waxing.
Putney Beauty Salon