5 Mood Lifting Tips To Combat SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder)
Online health and beauty website EditorsBeauty.com takes a look at the downsides of winter, including Seasonal Affective Disorder in their latest article.
They asked celebrity facialist and wellness expert Chelseé Lewis to share her top 5 mood lifting tips for winter, to help combat the effects of SAD.
Her suggestions included CACI non-surgical facial treatments, as well as sensible health and beauty advice:
- Vitamin D. Vitamin D is recommended in the winter months due to it’s mood lifting effects. Vitamin D is produced when ultraviolet rays from sunlight strike the skin and trigger vitamin D synthesis – therefore natural production of it is lower when the sun is further away and days are shorter. It is naturally present in very few foods, so taking a supplement is another route to ensuring good levels.
- Exercise. Keeping active is vital in winter. Exercise will give you a much-needed boost thanks to its mood lifting endorphins. Schedule something in at least 2 to 3 times per week (cardio, stretching and relaxing exercises are all good).
- Bananas! Bananas are rich in potassium, which is important for the nerve function in the body. This fruit is known as the happy fruit making you feel more energetic and keeping you in a good mood, so grab a banana as a snack.
- Therapeutic Massage. The article recommended Neal’s Yard Organic soothing body oil for a nightly massage with the benefits of Lavender, Geranium and Bergamot nourishes your body and soul. You could also book a professional massage with professional beauticians at Cosmedics’ Putney Beauty Salon for a relaxing experience.
- CACI Ultra treatments. CACI non-surgical is an anti-ageing facial that reduces lines and tones the skin in a process that releases endorphins in the body to make you feel good. The treatment features LED light therapy and is therefore recommended for SAD. The article says:
…after one session you will receive years of light, which is beneficial for the winter blues. Not only will the treatment lift your spirits but it will also do wonders for your skin. Your skin will be rejuvenated, hydrated, plump and gleaming.
So if you’re feeling the winter blues, why not treat yourself to a mood-boosting facial or massage at Cosmedics’ Putney Beauty Salon.
Putney Beauty Salon
The Putney Beauty Salon is based just off the high street at:
4 Disraeli Road, Putney, London, SW15 2DS
For any enquiries or to book an appointment, please contact us on 0208 246 4861, email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the handy enquiry form on this website