Renowned dermatologist Dr Howard Murad shares his advice on sun safety. He says:
- No single factor does more to visibly and structurally age the skin than unprotected sun exposure.
- UVA radiation, the radiation that penetrates deepest, doesn’t peak each day from 10am to 2pm and each year from May to September the way that burning UVB radiation does. UVA radiation remains fairly constant all through the day and all through the year.
Just because you don’t sunburn easily doesn’t mean you can ignore the dangers of exposure to UV radiation.
Getting serious about sun protection is easy as 1, 2, 3.
1. Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with extra antioxidants for added protection early and often;
2. Do your best to stay out of direct sun during peak hours; and
3. Keep a hat handy for times when you need to be outside and no shade is available.
Sunshine is a beautiful gift and an essential element of life on our planet. Let’s help those we love to understand how to treat that beautiful gift with respect so that they can enjoy long, happy lives with good health and great skin.
Murad sunscreen products are available from Cosmedics’ Putney Beauty Salon, offering a choice of highly effective products including:
These can be purchased in person or in Cosmedics’ online shop.
The Putney Beauty Salon also features a range of Murad facials and peels, which are carried out by professional and highly trained beauty therapists.
4 Disraeli Road, Putney, London, SW15 2DS
For any enquiries or to book an appointment, please contact us on 0208 246 4861, email email@example.com or use the handy enquiry form on this website